Your Back to School Checklist
It’s nearly time for children to go back to school – or for some they might be starting their first term! Most schools will send home letters to keep parents informed on what essentials they’ll need for the new school year. However, look at our handy checklists to make sure you fully prepared for the first day back…
School Uniform Clothing and Accessories Checklist
When your stocking up on school uniform, it’s important to remember a few simple things. Children lose things, stain things and grow! Always make sure to buy enough so that you’re not going to panic if you have a week where you’re busy to get the washing done – but not too much where they’re going to outgrow them too quickly.
- Name labels or a sharpie pen.
- 3-4 polo shirts or blouses.
- 2 jumpers or cardigans.
- 2 pairs of trousers/skirts or pinafores.
- School shoes.
- Tie if required.
- Waterproof coat.
- Hat, scarf and gloves.
- PE kit with plimsolls, socks and a gym bag to keep it in.
- Swimming kit if your child’s school gives swimming lessons.
- Lunch box and drinks bottle.
- Book bag.
- A change of clothing for young children – accidents happen!
School Supplies and Stationery Checklist
Some schools will provide the below items – especially for younger children. Remember though, you’ll need to have extras at home for homework too!
- Pencil case with pens, pencils, ruler, rubber, pencil sharpener.
- For secondary school age children, you may need a scientific calculator, geometry set and highlighters too.
- Glue stick.
- Small umbrella.
- Hand wipes.
- Spare dinner money or bus fare.
- Spare hair band - some schools like these to be the same colour as the uniform so make sure you check.
- Sun lotion if it’s sunny.
- A good diary or calendar – this one’s for you, not your child as you’ll need to keep track of all activities and after school clubs!
If you have all the above, you’re in good stead to start the school year. Browse our range of school uniform here.